The Irish Nephrology Society
The mission of the Irish Nephrology Society is to ensure high quality care for patients with kidney disease by promoting the highest standard of medical practice and research in the field of nephrology. It caters to clinicians, patients and scientist across the Island of Ireland.
The mission of the society encompasses the following
- Ensuring the best standards of care for our patients through educational activities and CPD programmes
- Education of our nephrology trainees to a high standard by provision of a comprehensive, structured training program with a holistic approach to patient care.
- The INS aims to be the primary vehicle underpinning collaborative research efforts into kidney disease across Ireland, North and South. The INS also seeks to assist in bridging the gap between innovation and implementation of novel research and, therefore, aims to establish strong links with industry innovators and to be the primary point of contact between industry and clinical Nephrology researchers in Ireland.
- Promotion of public awareness of chronic kidney disease (CKD) and the need for organ donation as an important component of management of patients with end stage kidney disease (ESKD).
- Forging of strong links with the other professional and voluntary bodies that play a key role in the multidisciplinary approach to renal care.